Dealing with grief
How can you deal with grief?
Different people handle grief in different ways. Some ways of handling grief include:
- Find comfort in good memories. Looking through old photo albums is one way to do this.
- Stay very busy to keep your mind off of the sadness. Picking up an extra hobby is one way to do this.
- Talk about your loss. Some people do this naturally and easily with friends and family, while others talk to a professional therapist.
- Exercise every day. Sports, walking, jogging, swimming, and dancing can help you feel better.
- Put your feelings into words or pictures. Try writing in a journal, blogging, or drawing. If it’s hard for you to talk about your feelings, putting them on paper can help you feel better.
- Listen to music. Try singing along to songs that have meaning for you.
Content last reviewed May 18, 2010
Page last updated October 31, 2013