How to deal with fights with your siblings
- Talk to your parents/guardians. Talk to your parents/guardians about what is bothering you. They will most likely be able to give you advice.
- Set up your own space. Even if you share a room, make a little space (even if it is just a corner of your room) that is all yours. Ask your sister or brother to knock before coming into your room or special area.
- Respect your sister or brother's personal space, too. Your sister or brother will be more likely to respect your space.
- Decide ahead of time how you are going to share things like the phone, cell phone, computer, and TV. Figure out times for each of you to use these items.
- Pick your battles. Try to figure out what is really bothering you. This will help you to know if the problem is worth fighting about. Some things may be more important than others.
- Take turns with the television. Talk ahead of time about what shows you want to watch, and then take turns watching your favorite shows if they are on at the same time.
Content last reviewed June 26, 2008
Page last updated October 31, 2013